Our Safety Promises
As of Friday, May 29, Mario’s Kitchen and Gracie’s Next Door is open for dine-in and take-out/delivery, with an unwavering commitment to guest and staff safety. We are meeting or exceeding all WorkSafeBC protocols with a COVID-19 Safety Plan. Precautions include:
- We have fully retrained our staff prior to reopening, providing each with a COVID-19 Employee Handbook, and requiring a signed declaration that they understand the employee protocols and commitment to safety.
- Where physical distancing does not permit, our staff will be fully masked or wearing face shields. While this is not a requirement, we know it is one additional safety precaution that we can provide in the early days of relaxed restrictions.
- We have developed detailed disinfecting logs for both front of house and kitchen, listing all surfaces with regular sanitizing schedules.
- During peak periods, we will have a dedicated washroom staff person, disinfecting between use.
- All staff set a reoccurring 15-minute alarm on their mobile device as a handwashing reminder, in addition to contact-based handwashing.
- We have moved to reservations only during peak periods, to avoid guests waiting in close proximity. Additionally, we will be seating for specific time frames to allow for a full table sanitizing between reservations.
- Each shift, our staff sign off on a “Shift Wellness Check” with zero tolerance for any symptoms of illness, regardless of how mild.
- We’ve moved to single use napkins and menus.
- Both Gracie’s and Mario’s are receiving a weekly Virus Vaporizer™ Service from Enviro-Master, using an EPA registered disinfectant to kill pathogens, including COVID-19.
- We are in the process of installing Safe Haven Air Tech’s Advanced Oxidation Technology (AOT) in our HVAC system, eliminating viruses and other airborne elements on surfaces and in the air.